The Guarantee Fund:
- Establishes and manages the "Fund for Uninsured Motor Vehicles", which pays compensation to injured parties in the event of a road accident with an uninsured or unidentified motor vehicle.
- Establishes and manages a "Security Fund", through which the guaranteed receivables are paid in case of insolvency of an insurer.
- Administers a Unified Information System for Risk Assessment, Management and Control, including for issued policies – UISRAMC
- Establishes and develops an Information Center, through which consumers and victims can receive information upon the occurrence of an event related to compulsory motor vehicle insurance.
- Actively works to prevent driving without compulsory insurance, including by notifying in writing the owners of motor vehicles without insurance.
- Assists in improving road safety by supporting and financing projects to provide equipment and information and communication technologies for the needs of the Ministry of Interior.
- Participates in the development, amendment and harmonization of draft regulations in the field of insurance.